Friday, July 27, 2007

Tim Blair knows what he is talking about.

Tim Blair copy and pasted from a brief article in the Vail Daily today about a ski resort town in America that voted to impeach George W. Bush. He didn't actually have much to write about this event, I'm convinced that the more successful a blogger the less they actually need to write. Often Blair writes almost nothing!

As I'm quite new to this blogging thing I don't yet have the credibility to write nothing and still attract readers. That said, I read the article as well and think I can elaborate on Blair's post a tad, I hope he doesn't mind.

"Wasn't global warming meant to be the big threat to ski resorts? Turns out a greater danger is hatred of George W. Bush"
I have never heard of Telluride until Blair alerted me to it. In all fairness however I think it's well time that the term, 'ski resort' stopped being applied to any place with snow and a hill. Ski resorts are usually located in exotic locations and have little or no association with loopy councils passing meaningless motions about political issues they obviously lack the conceptual skills to grasp. A ski resort is something you will find in Europe, not amongst the yokels of hillbilly America.

I note, with some pity, that the article didn't bother explaining why the council has decided to vote that Bush be impeached. Blair didn't have the space to explain either in his one sentence post but the assumption is that they are upset with the president's war on terror. Quite possibly, though they may be just annoyed that Bush hasn't invaded more countries.

Janice commented on the article to say,

"Good. When reason doesn't work sometimes pain does."
Which is possibly true.

I have included a photograph of a man who may well be the mayor of Telluride.

No comments: